At St. Mary’s School students learn to welcome challenges and explore opportunities. A positive and supportive atmosphere is created through the cooperative work of students, teachers, and parents. St. Mary’s is a catholic community of dedicated educators who seek to develop: faith, respect, responsibility, and community. Our school community provides a welcoming environment which encourages parent participation in the life of the school. We accept both Catholic and Non-Catholic students and teach the BC Curriculum.
- Kindergarten to Grade 7 staffed by fully qualified BC teachers.
- Students in grades 1-7 wear uniforms
- Specialist Teachers for Band, Music, PE, LA, and French.
- Learning Assistance Team for students who require additional academic support
- 21st-century technology integrated in daily learning (ipads, smartboards, fresh grade reporting)
- Music for grades K to Grade 4
- Band for grades in Grades 5-7
- French for grades 1-7
- Speech Arts for Grades 3-7
- Choir for Grades 3-7
Physical Education Program
- Full-Time Physical Education Teacher, 2.5 hours of PE week/class
- Extra-curricular basketball, volleyball, soccer, cross-country running, track and field, and relays. Plus intramurals at lunch.
- The Parent Support Group plays a big role in building the spirit in the school as well as help fundraise for the school community.
- Family Fun Nights, Fun Food Friday, movie nights, pancake breakfasts, walk-a-thon, Halloween dance, and hosts an annual silent auction, dinner, and dance.
- The school promotes community, charity, and volunteer work. Money is raised for children in developing countries through the Holy Childhood Association as well as local charities like St. Vincent de Paul and the Salvation Army.
Our school is now accepting registrations for the 2020/2021 school year busing is also available in many areas. Call 250-563-7502 to book a tour. Click Here to link to an application form.